- Love is a relationship of caring and giving.
- Obsession is a display of power.
- Love is submergence of ego, while obsession involves display of ego.
- Confusing obsession with love is like drinking poison when one wants to have milk.
- Real love is nurturing and helps people grow but obsession is debilitating (makes weak) and takes away from the psyche (psycology side) of the person caught up in it
- You're crushing if you occasionally drive by his house. You're obsessing if you drive by daily or park there.
- You're crushing if you gaze at her in class. You're obsessing if you spy on her
- You're crushing if you e-mail/IM him. You're obsessing if you read his personal e-mails.
- You're crushing if you call her sometimes. You're obsessing if you call over and over.
- You're crushing if you long to hook up with him. You're obsessing if you fantasize about getting rid of his girlfriend.
- You're crushing if you keep a newspaper photo of her. You're obsessing if you secretly take a picture of her.
- You're crushing if you ask him out. You're obsessing if you pressure him to date you after he's turned you down.
Love is more than a PHYSICAL longing, although physical attraction is definitely a key ingredient in any romantic relationship, and if all you have between you is attraction you’re not really in love.
Really loving another person takes time, it takes perseverance and it can’t be based on physical attraction alone. Until you KNOW somebody WELL you can’t really be in love.
Obsessive feelings are often mistaken for love because people rationalize that, “It must be love if I can’t think of anyone else.”
People in an obsessed state have a ONE-TRACK mind where the other person is concerned to the point where they often lose touch with WHO they are as an individual.
If you feel like you have lost yourself, if you are always striving to please your partner without them doing the same for you, and if you find yourself making all your decisions in your life based on the feelings and needs of the other person you are obsessed and not in a real love relationship.
Obsession means to have your thoughts dominated by one single idea. If you are obsessed with someone you love, you think you live entirely for another person. It's the (huge) difference between "He's important in my life" and "He's the only thing that's important in my life."
appearence in not everything thus it matter in a way.money is important but its not everything.love to allah is everything...